Afficiency is an insurtech start-up making life insurance easier to understand and even easier to purchase. Life insurance is a $130 billion dollar a year business that is being disrupted with new digital solutions via start-ups like Afficiency. We have developed a 100% digital life insurance solution that allows new products to be quickly developed and easily distributed via our platform. Afficiency is comprised of proven start-up entrepreneurs and prominent life insurance leaders who have built and run some of the biggest books of insurance business in the U.S. We are looking for aself-starter to take on an Analyst role and help bring our solutions to market. The ideal candidate needs to share our passion to transform an industry by creating new products and using technology to make life better for consumers. Afficiency recently closed an investment round and is looking to expand our team. We are growing quickly and offer a fast-paced working environment with opportunity to grow and accumulate responsibilities. Join us as we transform an old industry!
This Analyst’s primary responsibility is to assist in the deployment of new products and in the onboarding of new distributors to Afficiency’s platform. New life insurance products require coordination between our life carriers, re-insurers, regulatory bodies and technology partners in order to “go-live”. Analyst will work with all of these parties under the direction of the project management team. Afficiency’s distributors include eCommerce marketplaces, direct marketers, employee benefit platforms, digital insurance agencies and other partners who wish to sell our products. Our analyst will work closely with our Business Development team to help onboard these distributors.
Our analyst will:
• Undertake research and competitive intelligence to inform product design by identifying industry best practice and gaps
• Own components of our product roll-out plan, such as resolving product design questions through to documenting detailed business requirements for our technology team
• Assist in the business development process to ensure distribution deals are brought to fruition. This includes activities such as maintaining and refining the distributor marketing and onboarding material, managing follow-ups from business development meetings, navigating parties through contracting
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to undertake integration efforts and resolve integration issues that emerge
• Manage the non-technical program management of distributor integration.
• Work with Afficiency’s analytics and data scientist to set up the appropriate reporting and data analytics to ensure a successful partnership post launch
• 2-5 years of experience as a business analyst, or similar job function
• Proficient business and technical experience to enable "translation" across groups
• Experience translating business needs into requirements, and documenting through an agile, iterative process.Pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed.
• Organized, detailed oriented, and able to prioritize and communicate status to stakeholders.
• Experience in start-ups, consulting or similar fast-paced environments preferred
• Strong educational background
• Ability to proactively track progress of all project team members and keep people (often peers and leaders) on task
• Superior verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams, using email, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint (or Google-equivalent Applications).
• Bachelor's degree
• Competitive package with benefits and equity
• Flexible vacation and working from home
• Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
• Opportunity to make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
• Environment to learn from other team members, grow a business from the ground up and quickly assume additional responsibility
• Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Analyst - Business Operations' in the subject.