We are a small but growing team. You will report directly to our CIO who has designed and built Afficiency’s Life insurance platform. Based on new business requirements, and shaped by the technology architecture our CIO has built, you will lead new software and database development and enhancements. You will monitor and look to continuously improve our systems. This will include designing new solutions, implementing them and also managing junior developers contracted to help Afficiency’s development activity.
Afficiency was founded with the goal of providing life insurance to everyone on the platforms they already trust. We’ve launched with great success and are growing fast. Afficiency has developed a digital life insurance platform that allows new products to be digitized and made available for distribution rapidly, completely via API. Headquartered in New York, the company has been partnering with insurance carriers and reinsurers since 2018 to bring new innovative products to market. All of Afficiency’s life insurance products are completely digital, provide instant coverage and are accessible via the many platforms with whom we partner. Afficiency is comprised of proven start-up entrepreneurs and life insurance innovators. We have a growing team and are excited about changing a $600B industry. We are making life insurance accessible to millions of people who would otherwise not have access these important products that protect their families.
- Continuous Monitoring and analyzation of Digital Life Insurance platform performance and plan enhancements to ensure the scalability and availability
- Translate business requirements into design specific software platform solutions and documentations for development and auditing
- Co-ordinate with internal and external stakeholders to co-ordinate new system changes and production deployments
- Create and manage System and application-level testing standards to ensure the business and governance requirements are met across the software development life cycle
- Manage new platforms users (Distributors) on-boarding efforts that includes Training on our Afficiency APIS, software utilities and provide guidance on integrations.
- Continue monitoring of AWS System instances and ensue timely implementations of new business and governance requirements
- On-going consultations with Afficiency business partners and platform users (distributors) to collect feedback on technical issues & customer friction points and determine cost & time effective solutions
- Experience with project management methodologies including Agile and Scrum
- Proficient in AWS Cloud solutions and management software’s
- Hands on technical skills in Data Management software , React JS, RESTful web services, mySQL database Management
- Advance experience & knowledge in Source code management systems – gitlap
- Experience in Issue/Ticket management software – JIRA
- Experience in Adobe Document software
- Experience in managing Microsoft Office including user management & SharePoint
- Experience in integrating with Google Analytics
- Proven ability to collaborate with external remote teams and manage junior developers
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Digital Platform Development Lead' in the subject.