About the Role
Afficiency is an insurtech startup with a 100% digital life insurance solution that allows new products to be quickly developed and easily distributed in digital channels. Afficiency has partnered with leading life insurance carriers to deploy a new portfolio of products faster than the industry standard. Afficiency recently closed a seed investment round and is looking to expand our team. We are growing quickly and offer a fast-paced working environment with the opportunity to grow and accumulate responsibilities. Join us as we transform an old industry!
We are looking for a Sr Architect, who will understand, and design as required, all the technologies used at Afficiency. This person will be responsible for all systems design, examine functional and non-functional requirements, and assess proposed technology solutions against the current environment. The architect will ensure our application landscape is scalable, reliable and manageable and take into account new and emerging technology and how it may be applicable to Afficiency.
· Be a seasoned practitioner of Technical Architecture, Application Architecture, or Solution Architecture in a Federal or Commercial setting.
· Be conversant in multiple technology areas such as: cloud, digital, networking, data management, or security.
· Ability to conduct market research and develop an Alternative of Analysis (AoA) to inform decisions and performing proofs of concept as necessary.
· Ability to examine a business problem and determine the optimal technological solution to address business needs.
· Explore and evaluate next generation and emerging technologies.
· Understand proposed technical solutions and provide analysis and recommendation against current IT Portfolio to prevent redundancy.
· Provide thought leadership on technology topics and possess the ability to convey analysis and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Define and document high-level and low-level solution architecture designs based on requirements and process discussions.
· Actively participate in architecture-related review boards.
· Produce and curate key architectural standards, best practices, and guidelines.
· Produce Reference Architectures for consumption across Afficiency partner teams.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have experience in:
· 10+ years overall IT Experience with at least 6+ years of experience in senior architect and digital applications development roles
· Hands-on experience Cloud platforms. AWS experience is a plus
· Creating and managing API Gateway for E2E customer journey management & instant decisions
· Evaluating cloud and hybrid solution architecture
· Consulting project teams on architecture and design
· Presenting and writing communication and team collaboration skills
· Applying understanding of multiple IT and technology disciplines (e.g., cloud, networking, data management, security)
· Conducting market research, developing Alternative of Analysis, executing Proof of Concepts and documenting the results to be presented to senior government officials.
· Production Application change management
· Software Development
· IT Portfolio Management (from a Technology perspective)
How to Apply and Next Steps
Candidates must follow the application instructions and include both resume and cover letter. Please email your complete application to email@example.com with the subject line “PLATFORM OWNER”. Any applicants that do not follow the instructions will not be considered for the position.
· In your cover letter, please provide: (i) relevant experience, (ii) your biggest skill set to bring to Afficiency, and (iii) why you want to work at a startup.
· Successful candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.