Afficiency is a rapidly growing Insurtech startup whose mission is to provide life insurance to everyone on the platforms they already trust. Located in NYC, we design life insurance products that can be purchased entirely digitally and can be easily embedded into distribution platforms or with agents who sell insurance. The company is experiencing exponential growth and is well funded. We are looking for new team members to join us on our journey to shake up the life insurance industry. We need individuals who bring passion, curiosity, and a desire for excellence.
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our quickly growing Capabilities Team. Candidate should have deep understanding of system architecture & design. The key responsibility will to build core front and back-end functional capabilities, as well as enhance and optimize currently existing web-applications and platforms.
Please note that this job is only hiring candidates that live in the Metro NYC area and are able to commute to the office.
• Accountable for the end-to-end planning and implementation of complex projects and/or Agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
• Lead project level retrospectives, post-mortems, and RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) with clear next steps, action items, and follow-up.
• Coach multiple teams through the software development process using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work openly and boldly across all functions and geographies to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
• Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, and product managers to maximize value and meet company objectives. Understand product strategy and benefits of the work you're doing with your teams!
• Guide groups through processes that help them come to solutions and make decisions.
• As a change agent, discover opportunities for process improvements, pilot and then drive on a larger scale.
• Proactively identifies and anticipates barriers. Assertively and creatively removes obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering against project objectives.
• Champion the adoption of key engineering practices like Reflection, Learning, Code Review, and Continuous Integration.
• Take initiative to create and grow our learning community and be an Agile and Leadership Champion within the organization.
• 6 or more years of work experience with a bachelor's degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Demonstrated curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of Data Platform and DevOps projects.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent facilitation skills with ability to influence change at higher levels.
• Experience in managing big data open-source services projects is a plus.
• Large scale migrations experience is a plus.
• One or more Agile certifications: CSM, PMI ACP, ICAgile.
• PMP, PRINCE2 or similar detailed knowledge of formal project management processes.
• Strong knowledge of deployment processes in Kubernetes.
What We Offer
Fully remote work with a flexible schedule
Stipend to purchase work-from-home equipment
Competitive salary with equity options
Robust health, dental, and vision benefits for employee and dependents
401k matching contributions
Generous PTO policy
Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team
Environment to learn from other team members, grow a business from the ground up
Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career quickly
Opportunity to make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers and get families the protection they need
Afficiency is an Equal Opportunity Employer.